The new firmware provides improvements to sleep recovery and AF targeting indications
Olympus has just issued a firmware update for the incredibly popular Micro Four Thirds camera, the OM-D E-M5. As detailed on the company’s website, it brings these fixes:
- Improved sleep recovery operation.
- AF target is indicated when using C-AF+TR while shooting sequential images using Sequential L setting.
- Added function to automatically move focus to the following zoom positions when underwater macro mode or underwater wide mode is selected. (Only when M. ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 12-50 mm F3.5-6.3 EZ is attached)
- Underwater wide mode: Wide setting
- Underwater macro mode: Telephoto setting
Unfortunately, it appears as though this update is for Windows only, and not for Mac users. It’s not clear why these updates aren’t listed for OS X, and we’d like to hear from our readers if the updates show up in Olympus Digital Camera Update on the Mac or not.
from PopPhoto.com: Main Feed http://www.popphoto.com/gear/2012/07/olympus-releases-firmware-v12-om-d-e-m5