The parts for the iPhone 5 only cost Apple $167.50, according to new estimates. The estimate makes puts the iPhone 5 parts price tag about $36 more than iPhone 4S parts were.
UBM Techinsights released their estimates on how much each iPhone 5 part costs this morning and as usual, it’s shockingly cheap. The $36 cost difference between the iPhone 5 and iPhone 4S is attributed to the larger Retina screen, 4G LTE chip, new A6 chip, and the new sensors and mics.
Here’s a chart with the full price breakdown of each component:
Source: UBM Techinsights
- Apple vs. Samsung: A Decade Of Proprietary Connectors [Humor]
- Will The iPhone 5 Bring An End To Slippery iPhones?
- Transform Your iPhone 4 Into The iPhone 5 With This Magical Sticker
- Why The iPhone 5 Will Be My First iPhone [Opinion]
- iPhone Trade-in Prices Have Started To Drop After iPhone 5 Announcement