Fun and free: get it now
There’s not a lot I need say about today’s Best Thing Ever, so I’ll keep it brief.
Manga Camera does exactly what its name suggests, and it’s no surprise that it’s a sudden huge hit on the iOS App Store.
It does a great job of turning the real world into manga comics. It cartoonifies your loved ones into excellent, authentic-looking drawn characters, and superimposes manga text and frame effects on top. Yes, there are a thousands cartoonifying apps already, but this one’s different, the results are different, and it’s free. (Note, though, that it requires iOS 5 or later, and doesn’t work on iPod touch.)
It comes with a bunch of cool manga-style templates but you needn’t worry too much about which one to use while composing your shot: after snapping, you can reframe your image with one of the other templates before saving to the camera roll.
It has a couple of other limitations, too. It can’t use your iPhone’s front-facing camera, and can’t import photos from your Camera Roll for editing. But who cares, it’s free and it’s fun.
Go grab it now, and enjoy a weekend turning your world into manga.
- Calculator LCD Does What You Need On iPad [Review]
- Hipstamatic Update Has Some Rad New Features, Now iPhone 5 Retina Display Ready
- Gridditor, An iOS Image Editor From The Future
- BodyMedia Link Bluetooth Fitness Monitor Really Wants You To Hate It [Review]
- Deliveries Status App: Superb, No More Shipping Headaches [Review]