If you didn’t already know, Google likes to name Android’s major iterations after tasty desserts. Starting with Cupcake and proceeding alphabetically, we’ve had Donut, Eclair, Froyo, Gingerbread, Honeycomb, Ice Cream Sandwich, and now Jelly Bean. “K” is up next, and after a few rumors and process of elimination, most of us have made up our minds that the next iteration will be called Key Lime Pie. However, if you’re a skeptic, or are still holding out for Kahlua cheesecake, you might want to check out the drawing by Googler Manu Cornet.
Manu maps out the evolution of Android starting with Cupcake and ending with, yes… Key Lime Pie. One would have to assume an employee of Google would be privy to certain information, and if he’s willing to draw the future of Android erectus as a Key Lime pie eating Bugdroid, well then that’s good enough for me.
Of course knowing that the next iteration of Android will be called Key Lime Pie really offers no information about what improvements or features will be present within it or when it will be released — nevermind the fact that most of our current devices will never see it. However, it is food for thought, and sure makes for some delicious drawings.
- Former CEO Says Google And Apple Will Resolve Issues ‘Like Adults’
- A Wallpaper A Day Keeps Your Android Home Screen At Play: Simply Android
- Google Now Selling Nexus 4 In U.K. Again, But You’ll Be Waiting Up To 6 Weeks For Delivery
- Amazon Announces Kindle FreeTime, A New Subscription Service Just For Kids
- Sony Announces New Xperia E Smartphone With Single & Dual-SIM Options For Early 2013