Remember when the Smart Cover for iPad was first announced, and it turned out Apple was apparently inspired by Japanese bath mats when coming up with their design? Looks like Jony Ive looked around his hotel room during a recent trip to Tokyo and let another everyday Japanese object influence the design of one of Apple’s latest products.
This time? It’s being noted that a very popular Japanese trash can has a more-than-eerie resemblance to the new Mac Pro. In fact, it looks so much like the Mac Pro that it’s currently the second best-selling product on Amazon Japan’s interior furniture best sellers, with gag reviews noting that the trash can in question is not capable of running Thunderbolt 2.”
The Mac Pro, which has impressed many with its stealth good looks, has also been widely joked about as resembling a number of improbable objects, like Darth Vader’s helmet or a rice cooker. Looks like we can add the humble trash can to that list of eerie doppelgangers.
The post The Japanese Garbage Can That Inspired Apple’s New Mac Pro [Humor] appeared first on Cult of Mac.
- Samsung Is Making The Retina iPad Mini’s Display [Rumor]
- Here’s How The New ‘Wish List’ Feature In iOS 7 Works
- iWork For iCloud Beta Is Now Open To Developers
- Apple’s Internal Nickname For iOS 7 Is The Same One Microsoft Uses For Windows 8
- Twitterrific Rises To Top Of App Store Charts Following iOS 7 Unveiling